Magazine front cover

Magazine front cover

Contents page

Contents page

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Music Magazine Questionnaire Results

Music magazine questionnaire

So that I could establish what my magazine required in order to appeal to my target audience, I created a questionnaire to gather information about features my target audience believe are essential within music magazines, and also their likes and dislikes about current music magazines. These are the results from the questionnaire.


Would you prefer a music magazine to cover different genres of music, or one in particular and why you would prefer this?
My results show very mixed views on this topic, I think this will be an aspect of my magazine that I will have to try and find a balance between only having one genre, and having numerous. The reason people prefer to have one genre is so they know they will be interested in the content, and the reason people prefer numerous genres, is to offer variety to the magazine.


Name five music magazines that you could find in most shops and supermarkets today?
The results shown that Q, Kerrang, NME, Mojo, Rolling Stone were the most recognisable and popular music magazines in the market today, this helps as I can analyise these magazines and pick out ideas which make them popular to import into my magazine.


What information do you expect to see in music magazines, and what features would you like to see?
My results suggest people expect to see interviews, concert and gig dates, band/artist info, and posters, this tells me to have a successful magazine I should include these elements in my magazine


Who are your favourite music artists?
The results show no clear winner but most artist I found repeated were just up to date artists currently in the pop charts, this shows that a successful genre of musicto focus on would probably pop, and I have found in my magazine research there are not a lot of magazines that just cover pop music.

Is your image influenced by the genre and artists you listen to?
Most my results reveal that most people dont believe their image is influenced by music, although I have these results I believe otherwise, as I believe I could guess someones music taste just from their image.

Do you consider your self to be in a particular social group e.g. Chav, Mosher, Emo, which is it, and do you think people can see this solely from your image?
Most my answers show that people dont believe they in any particular social groups, but my results also show that the people who do consider themselves in a particular social group also believe it can be seen solely from their image and style.


Which would you prefer a monthly or weekly magazine, and why?
I had mixed results on this questions, the people reasons for saying monthly was they are usually bigger and better quality magazines with more to read, whereas the people for weekly magazines said they were more up to date and cheaper. As my results were mixed I might have to find a medium to appeal to all people.

How much are you willing to pay for a single magazine?
All of my results were in the region of £2 - £4, this tells me this is what I should aim to make my magazine cost in order to appeal and sell to my target audience.


What element of a magazine front cover attracts you the most to a magazine, e.g. the band or artist featured on the front cover, or the actual magazine name?
Almost all my results show that it is the band or artist on the front cover that appeal to people, this shows me to have a successful magazine it is vital to chose the right band or artist to put on my cover, and should spend more time on this than a magazine name.

No comments:

Post a Comment